Advertising Terms and Conditions
Advertisements are accepted, subject to the following Terms & Conditions:
- We reserve the right to refuse, withdraw or amend any information submitted for publication on this website.
- We will be indemnified in full by any advertiser for any expense or damage that we may incur as a consequence of the publication of information provided by an advertiser.
- We may not accept or continue to display any advertisement where a customer's website promotes any other West Bay website more prominently than our own. We appreciate that some customers are at the mercy of their website designers. But to protect our loyal customers, we reserve the right to give notice of 30 days, then terminate any advertisement which continues to contravene the above. At our discretion, we may permit an advertiser to return to our website following the correction of one default.
- An advertiser must pay our invoice in full within 30 days of the date of issue or within 30 days of expiry of their existing advertisement, whichever is later. We shall remove any respective advertisement immediately if payment has not been received and cleared in full within the stipulated time. We also reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £15 to re-instate an advertisement that has previously been removed due to non payment.
- Up to two minor changes to an existing advertisement, requiring simple text or image changes, are permitted per year free of charge. Major text alterations or image changes requiring software processing will be subject to a £15 charge.
- All advertisements become due for renewal on 31st December of each year irrespective of when they were placed, unless stated otherwise on our invoice.
- Invoicing for part of a year applies to new customers only. Existing or past customers will be invoiced the cost for a full year (to expire on 31st December), irrespective of the date when they renew or re-apply for an advertisement.
- A one-off Administration Fee applies to all new customers who wish to advertise on the website (but may be waived at our discretion). A previous advertiser who has allowed their advertisement to lapse and have chosen not to backdate payments to the expiry date of their previous advertisement is also considered to be a new customer.
- We will not accept advertisements from customers whose websites contain any derogatory statements. Neither will we accept advertisements from customers whose websites link to any websites containing derogatory statements or where that linked website could be detrimental to our website or any of our other customers.
- It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the accuracy of published information on our website and to inform us of any errors or omissions. Although we will endeavour to avoid mistakes, they can happen and we cannot accept responsibility for any such errors or omissions.
- We do not accept advertisements from holiday accommodation agencies or holiday package agencies. We reserve the right to remove any advertisement where a customer has converted themselves into an agency. Note that certain exclusions can apply by prior agreement.
- We will endeavour to correct any mistakes as soon as possible after notification (usually within 10 days). However, under extreme conditions, updates can take up to 30 days.
- We will not be held liable for any loss, either financial or otherwise regarding the inclusion or exclusion of an advertisement on this website.
- It is the advertiser’s responsibility to advise us of any alterations to their premises which, through their advertisement description, could mislead a prospective customer. This includes a change or cancellation of any quality rating award.
- At our discretion, a refund may be given for default of the above terms which lead to removal of an advertisement, not exceeding the complete unused months of paid advertising, less an amount to cover our administration costs. However, we reserve the right not to accept further advertisements from customers who have knowingly defaulted on our Advertising Terms and Conditions.
- Where a payment receipt has been requested, this will be sent by email unless a stamped addressed envelope has been supplied to us. If a payment has failed to clear through our bank account, any receipt will be considered null and void.
- We can supply a webpage with unique subdomain name for our advertising customers who do not have their own website. This is currently a free service, but we reserve the right to make this chargeable, or withdraw the facility at any time. Any name we issue to advertise your property remains in our ownership. Upon cancellation from either side, we may reissue the name to another advertiser.
- We may occasionally offer free prominent advertising where a business heading needs more emphasis. This will only be for existing advertisers. As this offer can be withdrawn at any time, an establishment should not place an advertisement on the assumption that they will benefit from any existing free promotion.
Please note that we reserve the right to modify our Advertising Terms and Conditions at any time.
Our Website Terms, Conditions and Disclaimer can be found here.