Harbour Lights Series Menu
Harbour Lights / Bridehaven at West Bay, Dorset
Harbour Lights was a TV drama set in the fictitious seaside and harbour town of Bridehaven and filmed mainly in West Bay, Dorset. It consisted of two series, the first of ten episodes and the second of six episodes. Episode two of the first series was never shown on BBC television. The cast who appeared in both series included Nick Berry (Mike Nicholls), Tina Hobley (Melanie Rush), Gerard Horan (Tony Simpson), Tim Matthews (Steve Blade) and Freddie (Parrotface) Davies (George Blade).
Series one followed the life of Mike Nicholls. Following a tragic diving accident which claimed the life of his close friend, Mike returned to Bridehaven where he grew up, to take on the job as Harbour Master. But the near romance with police officer Melanie Rush, the ruthless business dealings of Tony Simpson and the feuding of the Blade family all took their toll.
Series two was far more hard hitting and violent than series one. It caused the community of West Bay to distance themselves from the false impression shown of their town in these latter episodes.
- Bridehaven Harbour Master's Office - West Bay (Bridport) Harbour Master's Office (series 1 and 2).
- Bridehaven Carnival - Bridport Carnival (series 1, episode 1).
- Bridehaven Trawler and Speedboat Race - West Bay Trawler Parade (series 1, episode 1).
- Bridehaven Torchlight Procession - Bridport to West Bay Torchlight Procession (series 1, episode 2).
- Sea View Restaurant - Riverside Restaurant (series 1).
- The Pier's Hotel - Bridport Arms Hotel (series 1).
- Bridehaven Arms - Bridport Arms Public House (series 1 and 2).
- Pink Cottage on East Beach - Harbour Master's Residence (series 1, up to episode 4).
- Cottage attached to Bridport Arms (on left) - Harbour Master's Residence (series 1, episode 5 onwards).
- Parents residence of dead colleague of Harbour Master - The Cottage, Third Cliff Walk (series 1, up to episode 4).
- Blade family residence - Cottage in George Street (next to George Hotel) (series 1 and 2).
- Quayside Amusements - Harbour Amusements (series 1 and 2).
- Harbour Café - Harbour Café (series 1).
- George's Café - Harbour Café (series 2).
- St John's Church.
- Highlands End Holiday Park - (series 1, episode 4).
- Bridehaven Village Hall - Lyric Theatre in Barrack Street, Bridport (series 1, episode 5).
- The Fleet and Abbotsbury Swannery - (series 1, episode 6).
- Charmouth Beach - (series 1, episode 8).
- Bridehaven Police Station - Bridport Police Station, Barrack Street (series 2, now Peeler's Court).
- Bridehaven Community Hospital - Bridport Community Hospital (series 2, episode 2).
- Bridehaven Caravan Park - West Bay Holiday Park (series 2, episode 4).
- Bosterman Caves - Beer Quarry Caves (series 2, episode 6).
- Bridehaven Football Club - Bridport Football Club (series 2, episode 6).
- Heymouth - Weymouth (series 1 and 2).
- Royal Hotel - Burton Cliff Hotel, Cliff Road, Burton Bradstock (series 2).
- Beach Hut Café - Coastal Hut / Chalet, Eype, eastern base of Thorncombe Beacon (series 2).